Full Time Aquatic and Rental Facilities Coordinator
Columbus School for Girls (CSG) is an independent day school in Columbus, Ohio, founded in 1898, serving diverse students in grades pre-k through grade 12. CSG empowers girls to discover their distinct potential as learners and leaders. As a leader in the education of girls and young women, it is a vibrant community of more than 500 students, 120 faculty and staff, and 2,500 active alumnae. To learn more about our distinguished academic program, please review our school overview here. CSG’s 8-acre academic campus in the beautiful Bexley neighborhood is a ten-minute drive from downtown Columbus, a city bustling with artistic, civic, and shopping experiences. Having just completed a strategic plan to guide the School’s direction over the next several years, CSG offers an exceptional, student-centered academic experience with strong offerings in the arts, an impressive athletic program, and a health and wellness curriculum that is unique in Central Ohio. This combination of academics and skills ensures that CSG students will be well-prepared for life beyond CSG.
Columbus School for Girls seeks to hire a Aquatic and Rental Facilities Coordinator. CSG offers a competitive salary, benefits, and professional opportunities and welcomes candidates who add to the racial, cultural, religious, and gender diversity of the school community.
Characteristics, Qualities, Values & Competencies
- A belief in the endless capacity and promise of girls with a commitment to the mission of CSG.
- An individual with a growth mindset.
- Eager to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment, agility and the capacity to pivot as needed.
- Communication skills (oral and written) and confidence in conveying information to all community stakeholders, including administrators, faculty, staff, students, trustees, and parents.
- The ability to accomplish/complete a task while demonstrating a thorough concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. This means monitoring and checking work or information, while organizing time and resources efficiently.
- High emotional intelligence, strong cultural competence and a demonstrated belief in the value of a diverse and multicultural community.
Primary Responsibility: Ensures pool safety, cleanliness, and accessibility standards for all CSG and community aquatic programs are met and aligned with CSG risk management protocols, and State of Ohio rules and guidelines. Develops, organizes, and implements aquatic programming. Manages rental agreements for our revenue generating facilities.
Major Functions and Responsibilities, Aquatic:
- Creates, schedules and manages all aquatic facility usage by internal and external customers
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and supervises aquatics personnel
- Ensure personnel maintain a safe facility following published safety information and protocols
- Ensure records of staff certifications are current and complete, including monthly in-service training for all lifeguards
- Develop and maintain current aquatic facility preventative maintenance schedules
- Maintain procedure manual that follows current protocol including checklists for swim meets, maintenance staff, supplies, and pool staff duties to ensure all work is done routinely and timely
- Order all swimming pool equipment
- Maintain organization and professional clean appearance of equipment room, locker room, lost & found, pool area, and towel service
- Manage community memberships
- On call during pool programming, in case of emergency, or if a lifeguard calls off
- Responsible for pool chemicals to ensure proper quality
- Communicates with maintenance staff about unfavorable conditions
- Ensures pool and pump room machinery are in proper working order
- Serves as assistant swim teacher for PE Department
Major Functions and Responsibilities, Rental Facilities:
- Oversee the rental usage of all revenue generating facilities at CSG
- Communicate with potential facility rental groups
- Coordinate facility availability within the school calendar
- Draw up and execute the facility rental contract
- Place work orders as needed for event set up
- Work with business office to collect payment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science and/or significant working experience with the job-related functions listed above
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, AED, CPR, First-Aid
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) license
- Proficient in Google Suite, Excel, Word
The physical demands include being able to sit, talk, hear, stand; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; and reach hands and arms. The employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close and distance vision.