Full Time Aquatic Director
Are you interested in working with a Cause-Driven Organization? Do you have a collaborative spirit committed to character development by promoting and demonstrating caring, honesty, respect and responsibility to staff, lay leaders, YMCA members, program participants and the general public? Would you like to join an organization that believes in strengthening the foundation of our communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility?
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is currently seeking an Aquatics Director who will enthusiastically represent the YMCA by displaying a positive attitude, maintain a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job through the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. This individual will be energetic, dependable, and community-driven to focus on the development, administration and direction of the Aquatic Programs within the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region. The Aquatics Director will be responsible for the quality, cleanliness and performance of all aspects of aquatics within the facility to ensure a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals while providing an exceptional experience to members. We are seeking a dynamic individual who is ready to hit the ground running, work hard at developing new programs, and engage our members, staff and program participants. We are looking for a candidate who is creative and an independent individual who also possesses supervisory skills that will lead a staff team to perform consistently with a professional attitude.
MINIMUM CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field OR three years of work experience in aquatics OR a combination of education and work experience in field related to aquatics
- Current American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard certification
- Experience in supervising & developing staff
- Experience with program design, development, implementation and retention
- Managed & balanced department budget preferred
- Current Certified Pool Operator certification preferred
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred
- Knowledge and experience in building and pool maintenance
- YMCA Team Leader Certification preferred
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
- Train and supervise part-time aquatic and water exercise staff, shift leaders, and a head lifeguards.
- Develop and facilitate quality swim instructor, lifeguard, and water exercise in-services.
- Train and test staff in aquatic emergency procedures.
- Design promotional material which communicates the objectives and aquatic programs to the association and community.
- Observe, review, and coach individual effectiveness of employees annually in a formalized basis. Administer salary increases within the policies of the association and review annually the effectiveness of direct employees with the Executive Director.
- Develop, administer, and control the aquatic department budget and take appropriate action to maintain the fiscal integrity of the department.
- Assist staff leadership team in reaching campaign goals through recruiting campaigners, making personal asks and supporting branch events.
- Develop special events to aid in program development as needed.
- Maintain quality control of the aquatics facility, equipment, and programs with special consideration to risk management issues.
- Maintain proper records, including staff certifications, staff meetings, and daily logs used for policy and procedure review so that information can be reviewed at any time.
- Administer, direct, and supervise all aquatic classes, specialty programs, and water exercise classes.
- Attends and reports out on aquatic programs at Advisory Board Meetings as needed.
- Act as Primary Responder in case of accident, injury, or illness.
- Act as liaison between groups and YMCA for all facility use and rentals.
Colorado Springs is a thriving city with over 30 Fortune 500 companies and a leader in the aerospace and defense industries. It also has a diverse collection of non-profit organizations and businesses with a large number of tourist attractions. Colorado Springs is going through an exciting period of growth right and was recently ranked #2 on the “best places to live” list. Here is the link to the article that was published in April 2018.Colorado Springs.
Also, for more information about Colorado Spring and surrounding areas, please visit ChooseColoradoSprings where you can find about Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.