Part Time Aquatics Assistant Manager (PT), CP2N12103PHYS
Aquatics Assistant Manager (PT), CP2N12103PHYS
The College of DuPage is a comprehensive community college located 27 miles west of downtown Chicago, vitally connected to our local area for over 50 years. We prepare students for a lifelong passion for learning on our 273-acre campus which is home to nine associate degrees and a wide variety of professional and technical certificates. Many of these credentials prepare students to seamlessly articulate into the baccalaureate programs of our higher education partner institutions.
College of DuPage is committed to student success and values an inclusive and welcoming community environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce. Our connection to the larger metropolitan area is essential to our success and provides a wealth of diverse cultural and recreational opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting in the daily operations and maintenance of pool and all pool systems and chemicals, including pool deck, pool balcony, locker rooms and storage areas. Provide leadership, supervision and scheduling of student lifeguards. Insure proper safety, security and sanitation for pool users.
- Assist in the day-to-day pool operations and monitoring of safety pool guidelines.
- Assists in hiring, training and scheduling certified lifeguards.
- Facilitate maintenance of pool and all pool areas and maintain proper pool chemistry and insure all safety requirements are met.
- Performs regular safety inspections of pool, equipment and locker rooms to reduce hazards and to provide maximum safety to the community.
- Maintain and record daily logs of pool chemistry levels, proper maintenance and usage, and insure quality health standards in accordance with the Health Department and other governing bodies.
- Assist in the monitoring and maintaining inventory of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
- Assist in conducting training of staff in water safety, wet area maintenance and insure that all staff certifications are maintained.
- Assist in liability risk management.
- Communicate and interact with instructors, community users, athletes, and rentals of pool regularly on proper pool usage and pool etiquette.
- Assist in the marketing of aquatics programs when needed.
- Serve as Lifeguard when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required.
- Life Guard Certification, current First-Aid and CPR required.
- Certified Pool Operator or equivalent, WSI lifeguard training or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Life Guard experience with some pool staff supervisory and/or pool management experience required.
- Working knowledge of swimming pool filters, mechanical systems and the proper use of chemicals for proper water chemistry required.
- Two to five years of experience with pool operation and management preferred.
- COD Training
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Hazardous Communications
- Computers (knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel software), as well as general office equipment i.e., copy and fax machine; Computerized pool filtration system, pool vacuum, power washers, and other cleaning equipment and devices.
- Staff is exposed to wet and humid conditions, as well as fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts and pool mechanical systems.
- Days, nights and weekends as required.
- This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Classified 8 Hourly-Hiring Range: $ 16.51 – 17.50
HOURS: Fridays 3-10pm; Flexibility with remainder of hours days, nights, and weekends
Competitive starting salaries are dependent on education and experience. College of DuPage also offers a generous benefits plan.
College of DuPage is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans’ status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4006950
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.