Seasonal Aquatics Director
Vesper Country Club is a private club situated on the banks of the Merrimack Valley in Tyngsboro, MA. The aquatics department is seeking and experienced Aquatics Director to join us for the upcoming season. The most suitable candidate selected for this role will have 3-5 years aquatics experience in a management role, preferably within a private club environment.
The selected candidate would need to begin the third week in May through Labor Day week.
Interested candidates should contact Robert Pescatore, CCM, General Manager at [email protected] or 978-458-8731 x218.
The aquatics Directors duties vary to help ensure the successful completion of day to day operations related to all pool and aquatic activities. Works with the Vesper Management Team to assure club standards of safety, cleanliness and member satisfaction is maintained at all times.
Recruit, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate the personnel according to established club procedures. Specifically-assistant pool director, head lifeguard, lifeguard, swim team coaches and swim instructors and any other staff needed.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Hires, trains, supervise and evaluate the Head Lifeguard, Senior Lifeguard and pool staff.
- Formulates weekly work week schedules and rotation schedules for all employees (i.e. lifeguards, swim instructors, pool staff in coordination with aquatics programs and swim team).
- Initiates and works with the Vesper Management Team to assure planned events and activities are publicized and implemented on a timely basis and in an effective fashion. Recommends and initiates activities to increase member satisfaction.
- Maintains proper chemical balance in pools and maintains mechanical equipment in coordination with the club’s maintenance department.
- Ensures a high quality of standards in the pool locker areas.
- Ensures proper maintenance of pool decks and locker rooms, as well as outlying areas. Notify Grounds Superintendent regarding watering and weeding of planted areas and their general upkeep.
- Maintains correct payroll records.
- Manages the sign in sheet at the pool to assure all members and guests are greeted and registered and charges for all guest fees, lessons are charged on a timely basis. Orders swim suits, and other pool accessories, orders staff uniforms and assures staff adheres to appropriate attire.
- Provides necessary orientation and training for pool staff. Assures staff are not using cellphones when on duty.
- Enforces club rules of safety and conduct and is first line of management resolution of member problems or issues.
- Maintains and keeps all necessary regards concerning pool attendance, pool chemicals, accident reports, lifeguard and instructor schedules, time cards, etc. Routinely notifies Vesper Management Team of any accidents, problems or issues on a timely basis.
- Develops and implements a pool safety program. Recommends changes to the pool and pool house rules.
- Ensures the proper execution of scheduled aquatics events or meets as regulated by the Vesper Management Team.
- Must be present on pool deck for special club activities and events to supervise staff to ensure a successful and safe outcome.
- Submit payroll increases before revealing to staff member and payroll accountant.
- Responsible for managing labor costs.
- Develop and maintain inventory system for pool chemicals, cleaning supplies, pool equipment, and other necessary supplies.
- Ensure all sales are accounted for in a daily sales system via chits and reconciliation with monthly financials.
- Works with the accounting department to ensure all record keeping procedures are consistently followed.
- Meet with GM as needed to discuss issues and areas of expenditure improvement.
- Plans and directs special events such as holidays. Organizes and participates in end of year Awards Banquet in August.
- Arranges a program for private and group swim lessons.
Knowledge and Skill Set Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of principles and practices of aquatics/pool administration.
- The ability to plan, promote and evaluate aquatic recreation services for the pool.
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail. Being proactive.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
- CPR-Adult/Child-Red Cross or AHA
- AED-Adult/Child-Red Cross or AHA
- First Aid-Red Cross or AHA
- Bloodborne Pathogens-Red Cross or AHA
- Certified Pool Operator
- Successful completion or criminal, sexual offender registry background checks
- Ability to swim 500 meters or 30 minutes continuously.
- Ability to swim 25 meters underwater continuously.
- Ability to stand for extended amounts of time, up to 3 hours.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds comfortably