Full Time Aquatics Director
Who are we?
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living and foster social responsibility.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. We work side-by-side with our neighbors throughout King and south Snohomish counties to help kids and families thrive – and apply their positive behaviors and goals at home, school, the workplace and beyond.
- 13 branches
- 2 overnight camps
- 10 swimming pools
- More than 200 program sites
Where you’ll work…
You’ll work in our welcoming membership facility that offers programs ranging from health and wellness, to family programs, to child care, to aquatics (access is a staff benefit – swim a few laps before work, take a yoga class, do some laps on the track before you go home, if you like!).
The Seattle Y offers a competitive pay range and excellent benefit package including YMCA membership, health, dental, life and disability insurance; tuition assistance; 12% retirement contribution, as eligible.
If this sounds like an organization you’d like to work for, read on!
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for a responsible and engaged leader who is excited at the prospect of developing and leading our Aquatics team and programs. Our staff team plays a key role in developing the potential in our young people, ensuring aquatic safety standards are met, and serving on an engaging and dynamic team. You will be responsible for the development, implementation, administration, growth, and evaluation of effective, innovative, and safe aquatics programs. You will ensure that day to day operations run smoothly and that members and program participants have an exceptional experience.
Who are you?
If you’re the right candidate for the job, you are a certified lifeguard, display positive communication skills, thrive on serving kids and families, can manage a dynamic team, and can step up to offer support at the first sign it’s needed. You have the desire and energy to make a positive impact in the daily lives of the people in our community.
- Bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent education/experience.
- Four or more years of related experience including staff and volunteer supervision, program development, budget management, and fund raising.
- Ability/experience training Aquatic employees.
- Current state approved first-aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard trainer or equivalent certification recognized by the YMCA of Greater Seattle Aquatic Standards.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate affectively at all levels of the organization and to represent the Y in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, database, spreadsheet software, and web-based applications.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
You’ll be a great fit for the Seattle Y and Aquatics Team if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/y77s24wbxm95bck2