Full Time Aquatics Director – Boynton Beach
Aquatics Director – Boynton Beach
Seeking an Aquatics Director for the YMCA of South Palm Beach County – Boynton Branch.
YMCA of South Palm Beach County
Boca Raton, FL 33433-3549
Directs and supervises Aquatics Department staff and activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill the YMCA’s overall objectives.This individual will maintain a positive image of the YMCA, and create an environment that members and staff look forward to participating in. They will perceive the organization as mission led and values-centered, and will experience a high degree of satisfaction with their involvement in the YMCA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; sports management, recreation management or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in staff supervision and leadership required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a large aquatic program and camp strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in aquatics or customer service related field strongly preferred.
- YMCA aquatics or operations experience highly preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Daxko systems experience a plus.
- Implement aquatic programs including swim lessons, swim team, lap swimming and group exercise classes, which promote retention of existing members and engagement of new members.
- Direct staff to support aquatic initiatives to achieve retention goals.
- Analyze data, systems and processes to recognize growth and retention opportunities within the Aquatics department.
- Ensure proper implementation of aquatic schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for member/staff connections.
- Collaborate and work effectively with all departments to achieve desired results.
- Identify and employ best practices in systems and technology to support effective management of the Aquatics department. Utilize available technology, reporting tools and data that enhance aquatics participation and member retention.
- Collaborate with the Facility Director to establish systems for regularly scheduled pool inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order at all times.
- Coordinate and schedule pool and equipment maintenance and repairs. Purchase equipment, parts and supplies approved by the purchase requisition process.
- Monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA of South Palm Beach County health and safety standards and policies.
- Ensure all staff is current with required certifications. Maintain compliance with required documentation of pool operation.
- Provide leadership support for Community Outreach Water Safety program.
- Ability to develop and operate annual budget
- Assist with Annual Fundraising Campaign effort.
Grow and Retain Membership:
- Create and implement aquatics programs with an effort to allow participants to continue along a succession plan from swim lessons to swim team participation. Increase program and pool participation through product knowledge and interactions with existing and potential members. Collaborate with department leads to maximize enrollments in program registration and pool usage.
- Plan and execute aquatic events at the Family Center. Promote the Family Center and the YMCA of South Palm Beach County special events among the members and community.
Build and manage a great team:
- Recruit, select, develop and retain appropriate skill depth level for the department.
- Supervise department staff. Support training and career succession plan for staff team.
- Provide leadership through established performance goals and standards, regular assessment of staff performance including annual performance evaluations, staff meetings and staff recognition.
Prepare and manager the budget:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to plan and manage the Aquatics budget.
- Control payroll and department purchasing costs within the budget and financial guidelines.
- Identify and recruit active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Campaign.
- Provide leadership and understanding of the mission of the YMCA of South Palm Beach County to staff and members. Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of South Palm Beach County in the Family Center and its programs.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission and Community Oriented: Models and teaches YMCA values. Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Ensures high-level services that differentiate the YMCA from other providers. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition.
People Oriented: Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Builds relationships to create small communities. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Results Oriented: Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Personal Development Oriented: Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current Oxygen Administration certification required.
- Current Lifeguard certification required. (YMCA Lifeguard certification preferred; Red Cross Lifeguard certification is acceptable, but s/he must receive YMCA certification within 90 days of hire).
- Current YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Current YMCA Pool Operator on Location certification or Certified Pool Operator preferred.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Instructor, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Trainer and YMCA Aquatic Management certifications a plus.
- Must complete successful criminal background check and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management.Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
$40,000.00 – $45,000.00