Full Time Aquatics Program Director
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is seeking an Aquatics Program Director to join our team!
The YMCA focuses on empowering people in all forms, by improving health and well-being and inspiring action in and across our neighborhoods.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading non-profit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
As the Aquatics Program Director, you will be responsible for organizing, monitoring, supervising, and maintaining high quality member-focused aquatics programs. Individuals in this role provide leadership, instruction and motivation for program participants through innovative program development, evaluations, and ongoing training of staff and volunteers. The Aquatics Program Director is also responsible for developing and supervising the aquatics department team with commitment to provide a quality experience to staff, members, and participants focused on YMCA core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Design, implement, and evaluate programs, activities, and events.
- Commitment to maintaining consistency and safety measures performed by lifeguards, maintaining quality swim lessons, water fitness, swim team programs, and adaptive programs.
- Establish new program activities and expand programs to meet the needs of the community in accordance with Association strategic and operating plans.
- Monitor daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Build quality relationships with members and provide leadership and hands-on instruction in groups and on a one-to-one basis.
- Create and schedule lifeguards, swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct staff and volunteers as needed.
- Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Conduct lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or two years related knowledge and experience that includes supervision, fiscal management, program development, staff, and volunteer development.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Proven supervisory/management skills.
- YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent, CPR for the Professional, AED First Aid, and Oxygen certification, or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.
- You are committed to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Wage: $21.47 to $23.47 per hour, depending on qualifications
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Location: Haselwood Family YMCA, Silverdale, WA
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefit plan options
- YMCA paid Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Opportunity to participate in the YMCA 403(b) retirement saving plan. After 2 years of Full-Time employment, the YMCA will contribute 8% of your monthly earnings
- Accrual of 15 days of paid vacation (vacation accruals increase with years of service)
- 8 paid Holidays/Floating Holidays per year
- Paid Sick Leave accrued at 1.23 hours for every 40 hours worked per year
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Digital mental health counseling platform, Wellness program, and LifeMart employee discount center
- Professional training, education and certification opportunities
- 20% discount on YMCA programs, childcare services and merchandise
- Mobile carrier plan discount (22% AT&T, 21% T-Mobile, and 19% Verizon)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility for Full-Time employees
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled.