Full Time Aquatics Recreation Coordinator
Under the direction of the Program Operations Director/ Aquatics Director, the Aquatics Coordinator assists in supervising and managing the aquatics department and programs.
- Assists in providing directions and a team-oriented style of leadership to the Aquatics Department.
- Works with the Aquatics Director in supervising all aquatic programming to meet branch objectives and ensures quality programming.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates aquatic staff with the Aquatics Director.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and creates plans to achieve goals.
- Assists with maintenance and repair of aquatics facility and pool operations equipment.
- Performs 25-35 hours per week regular direct service: lifeguarding, swim instruction, safety class instruction and deck supervision.
- Creates schedules and fill in gaps when necessary.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations; maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Cooperates and assists other program directors in the administration of special events and activities; supports and volunteers to be a part of the Annual Scholarship Fundraising Campaign.
- Addresses member concerns in a timely manner and passes along information and concerns to the Aquatics Director.
- Maintains cleanliness in the aquatic facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Lifeguarding, LGI, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor, WSI certifications preferred; required within 30 days of hire.
- One to two years of related experience.
- Scheduled weeknight and weekend availability.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to react to emergency situations by quick movements, strenuous activity, and on occasion assist or lift persons in distress of varying weights.
- Required to remain alert to dangerous situations while sitting, standing, or walking for various lengths of time.