Part Time Aquatics Specialist I
Aquatics Specialist I
California State University Maritime Academy
Job Bulletin Number: 103178
Classification: Casual Worker
Full/Part-time: Part-time – Up to 29 hours per week
Employment Type: Temporary
Bargaining Unit: Excluded
Pay Plan: Hourly
Salary Range: $16.00 per hour – Commensurate with experience and certifications(s)
Benefits: Free lap swim and working outside with an experienced and professional Aquatics team.
Pre-Employment Conditions: Background/Fingerprinting
Closing Date: Open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested parties should submit the Cal Maritime Employment Application, a cover letter and resume. Apply on-line at https://apptrkr.com/1431611.
ABOUT THE CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY MARITIME ACADEMY:
Established in 1929, California State University Maritime Academy, a campus of the California State University, is the only degree-granting maritime academy on the West Coast. Located on a scenic waterfront site in Vallejo, the campus serves a student population of approximately 1100 undergraduates and 50 graduate students. The campus currently offers undergraduate degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Facilities Engineering Technology, Marine Engineering Technology, Marine Transportation, Global and Maritime Studies, and Business Administration. A master’s degree in Transportation and Engineering Management is offered as well as a number of extended learning programs and courses.
Provides knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide professional-level care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illness until emergency medical (EMS) personnel take over. Keep the facility maintained and well organized and to ensure patrons are safe at all times. In addition, provide swim instruction to American Red Cross (ARC) Swimmers Levels I – IV.
• Survey the pool and observe the swimmers in and around the pool
• Provide care for medical emergencies as needed
• Set-up/take-down pool equipment
• Maintain the pool and equipment
• Assist the senior aquatic staff as needed
• Teach Levels I – IV ARC Swimmers proper swimming techniques in a safe, positive and healthy manner in accordance with Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Guidelines
• Create/update files on Swim Class Students and Swim Patron check-in forms
• Other related duties as assigned
• Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
• One season of experience working as a lifeguard
• Must possess and maintain Lifeguard/First-Aid/CPR-FPR
• Knowledge of pool requirements for operation
• Quick to learn and adapt
• Works well with others
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to provide American Red Cross Instruction Levels I – IV
• Administering Emergency Oxygen
• Bloodborne Pathogens
• Lifeguard Instructor
• Title 22
• Water Safety Instructor
• Lifeguard Instructor
PHYSICAL, MENTAL and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
• Fifty percent or more of the activities involve walking, standing, squatting, kneeling or climbing, involves lifting heavy weight objects which may exceed 50 pounds.
• Employee regularly works outdoors and is routinely exposed to the sun, may be exposed to extreme heat or cold and rain.
• Regularly works on uneven slippery surfaces.
HOURS of WORK: Must be available to work varied days and hours based on pool needs. This may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
BACKGROUND CHECK: A background check (including a criminal records check and fingerprinting) must be satisfactorily completed before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
MANDATED REPORTER: The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK: Applicants must provide proof of U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the United States within three days of the date of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with a Disability
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to Apply