Part Time Aragon Women’s JV Swimming Head Coach
Human Resources – San Mateo Union High School District – 650 North Delaware Street – San Mateo, CA 94401 – (650) 558-2299
Open Until Filled
POSITION:CLOSING DATE: JOB SUMMARY:
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Instruct student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary to promote individual and team success. Provide student- athletes with athletic instruction that leads to the formulation of good sportsmanship, acceptable social behavior, moral values, self-discipline and self-confidence. Supports school athletic program, athletic booster group, and athletic director and performs other related duties as assigned. Assistant coaches will support the head coach in regards to fulfilling the essential functions below.
1. Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching the team under his/her direction, and enforcing all rules of the C.I.F., CCS, and PAL as they pertain to the respective sport.
2. Serves as a positive role model to players, parents, officials, and fellow coaches by following all rules and demonstrating good sportsmanship.
3. Works cooperatively within an education environment that emphasizes the successful psychological, social, and emotional development of its students.
4. Represents the school on the highest professional level with dignity, integrity, strength of character, and ethical behavior.
5. Promotes respect by example through appearance and conduct.
6. Exhibits moral and ethical behavior and demonstrates dedication and
loyalty to the school, the Athletic program, the Athletic Director and other
7. Arranges for pre-season meeting with students and parents to provide
information and discuss rules, regulations, and expectations.
8. Organizes team tryouts, maintains the integrity of the selection process,
and respectfully communicates results in a timely and appropriate manner. 9. Plans and conducts all practice sessions effectively at a level appropriate
for each member of the team.
10. Insures proper warm-up and conditioning programs to reduce the risk of
11. Provides a safe and enjoyable environment for all players, giving each
student an opportunity to participate.
12. Instructs participants in the skills necessary for achievement.
13. Properly supervises all athletes at practice, in transit and at games.
14. Inspects all equipment and oversees the management of equipment and
15. Supervises, to the extent necessary, all levels in assigned sport (varsity,
16. Promotes student participation in other out-of-season sports.
17. Keeps statistics on the team and players for school and league records and
submits requested reports on time.
18. Teaches precautions and procedures to help students prevent injuries.
Ensures that medical authorization forms are on file and readily available. Promptly documents all injuries that require or could require medical
attention. PLEASE POST
NOTICE OF VACANCY
ATHLETIC COACH Page 2
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS: DESCRIPTION:
REPORTS TO: QUALIFICATIONS:
end of the season.
Incumbent must be able to perform essential functions 1-31 with or without
19. Encourages parent involvement and coordinates their assistance. 20. Communicates good health, fitness principles and positive character
development concepts to players, parents, and spectators.
21. Communicates with the Athletic Director on all matters of policy.
22. Supervises and evaluates all assistant coaches in conjunction with the
Athletic Director, who is responsible for final formal evaluations.
23. Supervises and assigns all volunteers, student managers, trainers, etc.
24. Monitors the academic progress of team members during the season, and
encourages academics over athletics.
25. Reports student discipline problems, vandalism, and other related
concerns to the Athletic Director, Dean, or other appropriate school level
26. Responsible for submitting budget requests in a timely manner. Maintains
accounting, integrity and transparency of all fiscal transactions and
27. Deposits all donations, fund raising, tournament proceeds, and student fees
to school site accounting tech and maintains up-to-date record keeping. 28. Provides facility use schedules in advance of the season to Facilities
Department, and keeps the Athletic Director informed of all changes.
29. Submits proper end of season information to Athletic Director (award lists,
end of season report, schedule, etc.)
30. Assigns and maintains inventory of athletic equipment issued to students
31. Immediately collects and returns all district uniforms and equipment at the
SCHOOL SPORT 2018 STIPEND
Aragon High School Women’s JV Swimming $4,400
This assignment is for the season shown only and does not grant
School Principal and Athletic Director
Completion of all coaching and supervision clearance requirements as required by the school, league, district, and state.
Successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
Demonstrated proficiency in instruction and a solid understanding of the
technical aspects of the sport.
Demonstrated commitment to positive coaching philosophy.
Communicate satisfactorily in oral and written form in English as necessary. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Establish and maintain cooperative relations with students and adults and
relate effectively with parents and community.
Seeing sufficient to observe type and extent of injury.
Hearing and speaking sufficient to exchange information.
Stamina sufficient to walk or stand for extended periods.
Frequent repetitive bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and overhead
reaching. PLEASE POST
NOTICE OF VACANCY
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
ATHLETIC COACH Page 3
Manual dexterity to operate equipment, and handle work with various materials and objects.
Physical strength frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds of force.
Possess a valid Red Cross First Aid Card and CPR Card. Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
Evidence of Activity Supervisor Certificate clearance. Evidence of Tuberculosis clearance.
By closing date above, interested outside applicants and interested District employees must submit a completed application form through www.edjoin.org. If you have any questions on applying or attaching documentation, please contact the EDJOIN Support Desk at (888)900-8945. District employees will be considered on these posted criteria and District policy regarding training, experience, and previous work record. Employees requesting transfer will be considered on these posted criteria, training, experience, and previous work record, including attendance.
The San Mateo Union High School District is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with Federal and State laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. The San Mateo Union High School District complies with the rules and regulations contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title II of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
POSTING DATE: POSTING NUMBER:
As soon as a suitable incumbent can be found.10/12/2018
Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the above stated essential functions and the application procedure.