This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
5 Jul 2019
Part Time Assistant Pool Manager- Recreation and Parks
Assistant Pool Manager- Recreation and Parks
$12.50 – $17.50 Hourly
Recreation & Parks
Asst Pool Mgr 2018
- POSITION SUMMARY/CLASS DESCRIPTION
- BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision of the Pool Manager and the Aquatics Supervisor, the Assistant Pool Manager is responsible for managing the operation of the aquatics facility and the lifeguards/swim instructors.
- Assist with the training, supervising and evaluating lifeguards/swim instructors.
- Implement staff schedules, lifeguard rotation schedule and daily assignments.
- Monitor activities, provide instructions and prevent accidents in the aquatics facility.
- Respond appropriately to swimmers in danger of drowning and to all illness and injury accidents around the entire aquatics facility immediately and appropriately. This includes, but is not limited to performing Lifeguarding skills, First Aid, CPR, and other until arrival of emergency medical services.
- Record and organize accurate records concerning attendance, accident/incident/injury reports, chlorine readings, and schedules.
- Handle routine disciplinary issues and communicate with the Pool Manager and Aquatics Supervisor when necessary.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly facility. Administer pump room procedures including chemical readings, balancing and filtration. Inspect facility regularly and report any unsafe conditions/equipment to supervisor or facilities manager immediately.
- Assist with planning, attend and participate in all mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Promote aquatic programs and center memberships.
- Maintain open communication with guests, participants and/or participants parents, and other aquatics staff.
- Set up and clean up the facility daily.
- Operate and maintain the concession stand.
- Enforce all aquatics facility rules, policies, and procedures.
- Manage swim instructors during swim lessons. When necessary instruct swimming lessons for participants of all ages.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding to uniform requirements.
- Assume full management responsibilities of the aquatics facility in the absence of the Pool Manager.
- Complete additional duties assigned by supervisors.
- Certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid and CPR/AED for the Lifeguard.
- Certified Howard County Pool Operator with thorough knowledge and application in the areas of pool sanitation, water chemistry and filtration.
- Pre-employment/employment testing of lifeguarding skills and knowledge (including but not limited to: swim 300 yards non-stop, ability to tread water for 2 minutes without hands, back-boarding skills, swim 20 yards pick up 10 pound brick off bottom and swim it back within 1 minute and 40 seconds, lifeguard written test).
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Good decision-maker.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide leadership, command the respect of aquatics staff and guests, and be able to delegate duties when needed.
- Ability to work as an individual and also within the framework of a team.
- Understand and abide by the Department’s customer service standards.
- Understand and abide by the Department’s cash handling procedures and the ability to do basic math.
- Maintain personal physical endurance and agility necessary to perform job functions.
- Must be at least 19 years old.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor preferred.
- Must have previous experience as a Lifeguard.
- Experience as an Assistant Pool Manager or Pool Manager preferred.
EDUCATION: High school diploma; some college preferred.
RATE OF PAY: Contingent – Paraprofessional
Salary commensurate with experience
$12.50-$17.50 per hour