Seasonal Assistant Swim Coach
3300 East Palmdale Boulevard Palmdale, CA 93550
Laura U. Herman, Ed.D., Headmaster Brandy D. Price, JD, Deputy Headmaster Ogo Okoye-Johnson, PhD., Lead Assistant Headmaster Priyadarshini Darbari, Assistant Headmaster Huberth Morales, Assistant Headmaster
Job Description: Assistant Swim Coach Job Description
Athletic Director and Headmaster
The Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Swim Coach with administration of the
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct the swim programs according to all TPAA and CIF SS rules and regulations
- Scheduling of all competitive events (with help of Athletic Director)
- Completing all travel arrangements for all meets and events
- Responsible for all aspects of practice preparation and competition coaching
- Responsible for the general upkeep and protection of equipment under the jurisdiction of the program
- Follow all TPAA and CIF SS rules and regulations which pertain to the swim program
- Cooperates with the head athletic trainer to ensure that athletes receive quality
- care, prevention and treatment of injuries
- Attend all TPAA Athletic Department coaches’ meetings
- Works with the Athletic Director to promote the swim team at the Academy
- Functions as a team player within the department and shares the vision for the future of
the department as outlined by the athletics strategic plan
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport
- Enforces disciplined and sportsmanship like behavior at all times, and establishes and
oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students
- Exercises good judgment in projecting positive coaching behavior. Leads by example in
promoting a “class image” for the program
- Encourages good sportsmanship and fosters desirable athlete / coach relationships
- Monitors athlete eligibility to participate in conjunction with the Academy
- Provides adequate and appropriate notice to the faculty for travel that involves loss of class
Required Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate should possess strong leadership and communication skills along with the ability to develop high quality student athletes.
- The candidate must be committed to the mission of a The Palmdale Aerospace Academy and an understanding of how the swim program and athletics in general fit into the TPAA overall academic culture.
- This is a stipend position.
- Communicates with students, faculty, staff and the public appropriate to the age of the
- Builds on basic learning and carries it from one situation to another.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision-making.
- Asks questions and seeks assistance.
- Takes responsibility to eliminate the source of problems.
- Demonstrates confidentiality regarding information pertaining to all students, faculty and staff.
- Maintains proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee’s particular job.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
- Take responsibility for maintaining current knowledge of university information, activities, safety
and emergency procedures and plans.
Other duties within the athletic department will be assigned to this position. Responsibilities which may be included but are not limited to, meet/event management and / or other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
*This position is for a maximum of one year and may be terminated at the discretion of the school as deemed necessary.
*This position must be re-applied for on an annual basis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.