Full Time Assistant Swim School Manager
The Assistant Swim School Manager is responsible for supervising, scheduling, evaluating and training Swim Instructors and Deck Coordinators while also managing the day-to-day operations of the JCCSF Swim School. The ideal candidate should be able to understand long term goals and outcomes of the program and implement practices to achieve them. This position will report to the Aquatics Program Manager and shares with them the responsibility of ensuring a high-quality swim school, strong customer service culture and an exceptionally safe aquatic environment.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise all Swim Instructors and Deck Coordinators.
- Ensure staff is consistently meeting and/or exceeding program policies and standards.
- Swim School responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing evaluation, coaching and training for all Swim Instructors and Deck Coordinators.
- Schedule all Swim Instructors and Deck Coordinators ensuring consistent class coverage.
- Ensure all aspects of the Aquatic Concepts Swim School model are being applied consistently and correctly.
- Develop and maintain structures and systems to manage class rosters, teaching areas, progress reports, waiver/authorization collection and student placement.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing process to recruit, train and develop new Swim Instructors and Deck Coordinators.
- Maintain an active presence for Swim School participants and ensure that there is ongoing and effective communication with participants and exceptional customer service.
- Work with Aquatics administrative staff to ensure proper scheduling of all swim programing including Swim School, Private Lessons, French School, ECE and Camp lessons.
- Ensure that staff recording accurate timesheets and/or breaks by completing all payroll material.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Aquatics Program Manager, keeping them informed of challenges, program/staff needs and problem solving.
- Maintain an awareness of budget parameters and manage to stay within those while also taking an active responsibility for exceeding revenue/enrollment projections.
- Proactively make adjustments to Swim Instructor Manual with the assistance of the Aquatics Program Manager.
- Proactively, consistently and clearly communicate with staff to keep them informed and engaged.
- Provide ongoing coaching and constructive feedback to all staff. Evaluate staff per JCCSF evaluation policy procedures and timeframe.
- Assist in managing/ training Weekend Customer Service Representatives on best practices.
- Additional duties as required.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Prior experience in Aquatic Program Management.
- Significant experience supervising Aquatics staff.
- Strong supervisory skills and experience.
- Experience in a strong and effective customer service culture.
- Lifeguard Certification required & Lifeguard Instructor Certification preferred.
- Significant experience as a swim instructor required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and independently motivated.
- Outgoing, professional and charismatic presence.
- Proven ability to maintain staff accountability and high standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Aquatic Concepts Swim School model a plus.
- Outstanding computer skills, including advanced skills in MS Office and the ability to learn new business software programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively.
STATUS: Benefited, exempt, supervisory position.
HOURS: Full Time
SCHEDULE: Mon – Wed: 11am – 8pm, Sat & Sun: 8am – 5pm. Some nights and holidays required. On call during all operating hours for aquatic emergencies and/or coverage.