Part Time Assistant Swim Team Coach
Do you have a passion for coaching? Are you competitive? Come Coach for the Y Swim Team! The Assistant Swim Team Coach is a key coaching staff for the swimmer. As an Assistant Swim Team Coach, you provide feedback on execution and direction during swim practice and swim meets. The Assistant Swim Team Coach will implement season goals for the swim team as well as individual swimmers. The Assistant Swim Team Coach will assist in planning and executing the weekly practice workouts and manage the meet program placements. The Assistant Swim Team Coach will inspire and prepare students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
As Assistant Swim Team Coach you will give updates to parents about swimmers, respond to incidents, and interact with parents and participants. The Assistant Swim Team Coach provides high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive program environment. The Assistant Swim Team Coach will facilitate a program that enhances the lives of swimmers by assisting them to goal set and achieve their goals.
Swim Team Assistant Head Coach will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will help our Swim Team members improve their swimming.
- Job Summary:
The Assistant Swim Team Coach is responsible for providing swim team instruction to program participants. The incumbent provides feedback and direction to individual swimmers during swim practice and swim meets. The incumbent provides high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive program environment.
- Essential Functions:
- Provide swim team coaching instruction to individual participants of various ages and who possess differing levels of ability under the direction of the Head Swim Coach.
- Maintain constant observation of program participants, watch for swimmers needing assistance, and aid swimmers when necessary to ensure positive learning environment.
- May develop weekly workout plans for practice groups which ensure efficient programing.
- Serve as first level contact responding and documenting incidents which may occur.
- Provide quality customer service to members, volunteers and participants.
This position reports to the Aquatics Director. The incumbent interacts regularly with staff, participants, members and volunteers. The position regularly interacts with children, youths, and, adults.
- Minimum age of 18
- Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and foundations of coaching 101 and 201.
- Ability to hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere in the zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to see and observe all sections of an assigned zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and provide constructive feedback
- One (1) year experience in a YMCA setting.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience interacting or coaching a swim team.
- Work Conditions:
- Must remain in the pool area at all times.
- Ability to support child or adult body weight in the water.
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time in a warm pool environment.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
- Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from Branch management staff and the Product Management team or their representatives in performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or Association’s success