Full Time Coordinator, Aquatics Operations
Assist Aquatics Manager in the operation and activities in the Aquatic Center, Outdoor pool and Sports Med Tubs. Takes active role in maintaining CSOPTC pools and spas as part of CPO Management Team. Responsible for the life and wellbeing of the users of the CSOPTC Aquatics Center as a certified American Red Cross Lifeguard. Responsible for the on-site supervision of staff, users, and guests and the entire operation of the aquatic facility when the Aquatics Manager is not present.
Duties & Responsibilities
CPO Duties – 40%
- Perform and lead the team in set-up, tear down, maintenance, and facilitation of the CSOPTC Aquatics Center, Sports Medicine tubs, and outdoor pool in accordance with USOPC, CSOPTC, and Health Department policies.
- Conduct periodic safety inspections of Aquatics buildings.
- Assist in chemical and mechanical systems for all CSOPTC bodies of water including but not limited to performing routine preventative cleaning, backwashing, draining, cleaning skimmer baskets, cleaning pump rooms, adjusting chemicals, and ordering/logging chemicals and equipment.
Administrative Duties – 30%
- Track all inventory. Identify and recommend ordering of new equipment.
- Create, develop, and operate all community programing including but not limited to community swim meets, lifeguarding course, CPR courses, wellness opportunities, etc.
- Assist with planning and execution of department budgets. Research cutting edge sport equipment in the sport scene. Assist with planning and budget for facility equipment upgrades on an annual basis.
- Assist Manager with maintaining master pool schedule by scheduling staff, making team schedules, invoicing, and creating monthly lap swim schedule.
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned.
Lifeguarding and Training Duties – 30%
- Exhibit friendly customer service to all users. Enforce all Aquatic Operations policies, rules, and operating procedures. Communicate clearly and thoroughly with Aquatics teammates via shift reports, calls, and meetings.
- Assist Manager with facilitating regular trainings, in-service, and certifications for Aquatics team members.
- Assist Aquatics staff with lifeguarding patrons. Enforce all Aquatics Center policies and operating procedures, taking every precaution to avert potential accident situations by eliminating hazards and hazardous behavior, educating users on facility safety, and ensuring proper medical aid and coverage is available.
- Be willing to demonstrate a working knowledge of all Aquatics department equipment within six months.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High school diploma, vocational training, or equivalent experience
Licensure & Certification:
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
- Certified Pool Operator and/or Aquatics Facility Operator
- American Red Cross Instructor preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of lifeguarding experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with users and staff at all levels
- Ability to work with sport leadership
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Standard office equipment
- Timing/recording equipment
- PA system
- PC and related software
- Pool operation equipment
- Pool chemical testing equipment
- Lifesaving equipment
- Video capture systems
- Aquatic training equipment
- Standard custodial equipment
- Sport facility environment
- Prolonged exposure to warm, humid environment and/or outdoor facilities
- Prolonged standing/walking/sitting
- Non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call
- Lift, carry, and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds
Colorado Springs Olympic and Paralympic Training Center