Full Time Deck Supervisor- Casco Bay Branch (4-DAY WORK WEEK!)
Interested in job training? Free membership? 50% off programming including camp and childcare? Advancement opportunities?
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
Hours: This position will work four (4) 10-hour days or five (5) 8-hour days. One day must include Saturday/Sunday.
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.
Under the direction of the Aquatics/Program Director, the Deck Supervisor is charged with effectively and safely supervising the pool environment to prevent drowning and injuries by providing safety instructions, recognizing and responding to emergencies, and rendering CPR and first aid in accordance with the policies established by the YMCA. These policies must be followed within
the National YMCA guidelines.
- Check and record pool chemistry and discuss related concerns with the Aquatics Director/Facilities department.
- Ensures that daily testing and documentation of water chemistry, filter pressure levels and water flow rates are completed for both pools.
- Performs weekly inspection of pump room and pool deck facilities and equipment with documentation and promptly notify Aquatics Director and Facilities Director when safety issues are identified, repair required or maintenance is needed.
- Perform bi-weekly inventory with documentation of Taylor reagents, pool chemicals, first aid supplies, lifeguard equipment and cleaning supplies and insure items are restocked promptly.
- Backwash filters with documentation for both pools on a weekly basis.
- Change filter baskets in pump room w/documentation monthly.
- Complete monthly inspection of AED and report any issues to the Aquatics Director and Facilities Director immediately by providing each with a copy of the AED Inspection Form outlining any issues present.
- Assist Aquatics Director with implementing a regular preventative maintenance plan for aquatics facilities and equipment.
- Assist the Aquatics Director in creating work schedules and programming, onboarding of new staff, in-service trainings, lifeguard audits, and supervising staff. Assume weekly duties of scheduling and bulletin when time permits and in the absence of the Aquatics Director. (when applicable)
- Assist in developing and implementing new aquatics programs.
- Teach swim lessons, water exercise, lifeguard and other programs as deemed necessary.
- Provide lifeguard coverage as needed in the event of inadequate staffing and lifeguard breaks.
- Current YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard certification.
- YMCA Lifeguard Instructor AND/OR ARC Lifeguard Instructor (w/in 6 months).
- High School Diploma. Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- 2-4 years of experience in Aquatics field includling 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Automatic External Defribulator (AED) and Oxygen (02) Training.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite.