Part Time Lifeguard
|Job Type:||PART-TIME / HOURLY|
|Location:||201 N Carson Street, Suite 4, Carson City, Nevada|
This is a part-time position requiring American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, CPR for the Professional Rescuer and AED Certifications. This position will provide a variety of duties at the Aquatic Facility. Work schedule is varied with total work hours not to exceed 1039 work hours in any fiscal year.
|Examples of Duties:|
|EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: The following is a partial description of job duties and is not all inclusive:|
-Observe Person in and around the pools at all times, enforces pool rules, performs water rescues as necessary and delivers essential first aid when necessary.
-Provides the full range of swimming lessons to the complete range of learners.
-Assist with cleaning, sanitation and general maintenance of facility.
-Interacts with public and members of the staff.
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: |
-Must be no less than 15 years of age at date of employment;
-Must be available to work a varied schedule.
-Must posses a valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and CPR for the Professional Rescuer and AED Certifications at the time of employment.
– Mandated Reporting: Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect.
-Must be able to communicate effectively.
SPECIAL NOTE: This position, along with other child care providers, are one of many groups of professionals required to report known or reasonable suspicion of abuse and/or neglect of children in their care and are considered mandated reporters as outlined in Nevada Revised Statutes.
Must be able to physically perform rescues as needed including lifting or dragging large individuals to safety. Must be able to physically assist in removing heavy lanes and pool covers.
|CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:|
1. Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
2. Any City employee may be required to stay at or return to work during emergencies to perform duties specific to this classification or to perform other duties as requested in an assigned response position. This may require working a non-traditional work schedule or working outside normal assigned duties during the incident and/or emergency.
3. Employees may be required to complete Incident Command System training as a condition of continuing employment.
4. This position is required to make a report in accordance with Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) 432B.220, if, in his or her professional or occupational capacity, he or she knows or has reasonable cause to believe that a child has been abused or neglected.
5. New employees are required to submit to a fingerprint based background investigation which cost the new employee $52.25 and a drug/alcohol screen which costs $36.50. Employment is contingent upon passing the background and the drug/alcohol screen.
6. Carson City participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each applicant’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All candidates who are offered employment with Carson City must complete Section 1 of the Form I-9 along with the required proof of their right to work in the United States and proof of their identity prior to starting employment. Please be prepared to provide required documentation as soon as possible after the job offer is made. For additional information regarding acceptable documents for this purpose, please contact Human Resources at 775.887.2103 or go to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services web page at www.ucis.gov.
7. Carson City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.