Seasonal Lifeguard/Aquatic Safety Instructor
Lifeguard/Aquatic Safety Instructor – Part-Time/Seasonal
- THE JOB
- This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time/seasonal Lifeguard vacancies on an as needed basis. This position requires Starfish Aquatics Institute OR American Red Cross Swim Instruction certification at the time of application. The City will refer to the pool of part-time applications on file, as needed, to fill vacancies. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will remain in the pool for 12 months.
Under immediate supervision, maintains safety and prevents accidents in aquatics facilities through monitoring and observation of swimmers and patrons; performs rescues and provides first aid as needed; teaches water safety, swimming, diving and other aquatics classes; and performs related duties as assigned.
Lifeguard positions are available at Aquatics facilities throughout the City of Henderson. Work locations and assignments are subject to change based upon the needs of the City.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Must possess either Starfish Aquatics Institute OR American Red Cross certifications in the following areas at the time of application:
- First Aid
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Swim Instruction
- Applicants who are hired with American Red Cross certifications will be required to attend a course provided by the City to transition their American Red Cross certifications to Starfish Aquatics Institute certifications prior to beginning work as a Lifeguard / Aquatic Safety Instructor.
- Incumbents must possess or have the ability to obtain Emergency Oxygen Administration Certification through the Starfish Aquatics Institute within 30 days of hire.
- All required certifications as mandated by state and federal laws, or as required by the City, must be obtained and maintained as a condition of continued employment and may be at the incumbent’s expense.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
- Documents Required at the Time of Application:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
- SELECTION PROCESS
- NOTE: You will be contacted by e-mail if you are moving forward in the assessment process. Once you apply, almost all communication regarding the status of your application will be by email, so please add [email protected] and [email protected] to your address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click “Application Status”. It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application.
The selection process will consist of an employment application package screening. The best qualified candidates may be invited to participate further in the assessment process. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.