Seasonal Pool Director
Burning Tree Country Club is looking for a Pool Director to manage its beautiful Pool operation and Staff. This is a recurring Seasonal opportunity to work full time 5 months of the year with great full time benefits (Medical, Dental, meals)
Burning Tree Country Club is first and foremost a private golf club that places high importance on the creation of an open and family oriented environment. The club was founded in 1962. Our amenities include an 18-hole golf course which has hosted US Open Qualifiers and Met PGA events, an 8-lane 25-meter pool with a diving well, 5 Har-Tru & 2 Hard tennis courts, a platform tennis complex and multiple member and event dining options. We have active junior programs in golf, tennis and aquatics and offer a summer camp.
Burning Tree’s new clubhouse, was completely renovated in 2016-2017, and presents a gracious and welcoming space for members and guests. Burning Tree is true a family club with great facilities and involved members.
Burning Tree Country Club is seeking an experienced, organized, service-oriented and creative Pool Director to oversee and manage all pool-related responsibilities: hiring and managing pool staff including lifeguards and coaches for aquatics sports, maintaining the pool facility, and organizing social events in that department. The Pool Director will plan, develop and evaluate programs that interest and encourage members of all levels of ability and age groups to participate while maintaining high safety standards and encouraging a culture of excellence. The Pool Director will work closely with Club management and staff as well as the Pool Committee and Camp Committee. This is a seasonal position each year, which allows for pre-season planning and staffing as well as after-season reporting and planning. This opportunity is terrific for someone interested in a long-term seasonal position on Burning Tree Country Club Management team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Act as a liaison and coordinate meetings among Management, Head Swim Coach, Camp Director, Catering Manager, Pool Committee and Camp Committee members to plan the upcoming season. Examples: practice schedules, competition schedules, camp schedules, traditional as well as new and inviting social events.
· Hire all pool staff, e.g., lifeguards, coaches for aquatic sports.
· Identify supply needs.
· Launch marketing plan to recruit children and continue it throughout the season – e.g. submit write-ups for newsletter, update website, send emails to members, among other efforts/duties.
· Promote and handle on-line registration of participants in the aquatics programs.
· Certify all staff, provide ongoing staff training throughout the summer to ensure a safe and positive environment for members, hold weekly or bi-weekly meetings, and handle all disciplinary actions and training/coaching.
·Prepare pool facility and provide proper staffing for practices, competitions[hc2] and social events around the pool including parent volunteers.
· Work with the accounting department regarding:
· Payroll – e.g. salaries of coaches, hours worked by lifeguards.
· Member billing for private swim lessons and apparel/equipment sales.
· Member billing for aquatics programs by working with coaches to submit roster of participants.
· Coordinate private swim lessons for members and their families with pool staff and coaches
· Send regular email communications to members regarding all pool events and changes in the schedule, e.g., practices, competitions, social events.
· Maintain bulletin board and post practice, competition, adult lap swim and social event schedules and information; rules at the pool; staff names and photos; special event notices; and event photos.
· Ensure that the pool, pool equipment, pool facilities including the locker rooms and areas around the pool are clean, sanitary and orderly during regular hours, competitions and special events
· Open, maintain and close pool seasonal operations within approved budget, look for ways to improve the aquatics program within reasonable budgetary guidelines, and recommend capital expenditures to ensure best practices of operation.
·Ensure pool operation is in compliance with all state and local codes, and that the filtration system function and chlorination and PH levels are observed.
· The Pool Director, with the support of his team, should work together with the pool and camp staff to create an environment where families feel safe while having fun; rules are respected by all; and coaches and lifeguards are dependable, responsible, attentive and service-oriented on deck. All issues and complaints should be resolved with decorum and respect towards members at all times
· Maintain high level of customer service focus and commitment that exemplify a culture of service excellence expected at an exclusive private country club.
· Attend manager’s weekly meetings as requested, perform other tasks as delegated by the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager, and ensure the Assistant General Manager and General Manager are informed of any issues or necessary contingencies.
Education and Experience:
· 4-5 years’ experience in pool and staff management.
· Bachelor’s degree with major/concentration in related field (Sports, swimming).
· Swim instruction experience – required
· Ability to manage a large staff and comply with minor Law guidelines
· Ability to coach, mentor and motivate a large seasonal staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
· First Aid and Lifesaving
· Water Safety/Lifeguarding certification
· Water safety instructor (WSI)
· LG/CPR, CPO and AED
· Strong marketing, accounting, organizational and computer skills
· Current driver’s license, auto insurance and clear DMV record.
Language and Communication Skills:
· Well-defined member service dedication.
· Effective presentation, teaching and communication skills
Physical, sensory and motor demands:
· Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
· Must be able to be hands-on with staff in the water as necessary
· Must be able to sit and swim for prolonged periods of time.
· Push, pull or lift up to 30 pounds.
· Work in hot, humid and noisy environment