Seasonal Pool Manager – Position has been filled!
The Aquatics Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, and implementing the swim program at Apachi Hyde Park Day Camp. Additional responsibilities include training and supervising all staff related to his/her area of responsibility.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, evaluate camp swim staff.
- Review staff, class, and pool scheduling.
- Execute instructional swim programs.
- Oversee all required safety and quality training, drills, and documentation.
- Maintain concise records essential for control, evaluation, and reporting to Camp Director.
- Remain current in required certifications American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor and American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- All other duties as assigned.
- Actively support the JCC’s risk management protocol to effectively control and reduce accidents.
- Obey the practical safety rules, regulations, and procedures established by the Safety Committee. Attend and participate in required safety trainings.
- Promptly report all unsafe actions, practices, or conditions to Camp Director.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding community expectations.
- Engage in active listening with community members to build relationships, understand individual’s goals and interests, and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
- Be available to teach and/or guard as needed.
- Be available to answer questions from members, program participants, and staff.
- Maintain (and possibly procure) tot docks, pool noodles, and other pool toys/accessories. This includes cleaning, storing, and repairing as needed.
- Organize and maintain pool area and locker rooms.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills/Abilities (Technology, Mathematical, Language):
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
- Familiarity with Outlook, CampMinder, and experience in learning/using other office systems (financial, member management, etc.).
- Support swim staff entering camper documentation into SwimGen for family swim reports, including providing sufficient time and access to devices and workspaces. Proofread all SwimGen entries to ensure they are grammatically correct, everything is spelled correctly, and appropriate for families to receive.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of swim skills in accordance with American Red Cross standards and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics.
- Must be able to communicate using camp-issued laptop, email address, and phone.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least five years’ experience in instruction and management of aquatics programs.
- Experience supervising staff and developing pool schedules and class schedules, as well as good member-relation and staff-relation skills.
- Experience and knowledge of day camp preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Physically and verbally able to interact with members and staff.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
- Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification required. Instructor preferred.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (Employer-provided training, if not already certified)
JCC Chicago provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual preference, gender identity or expression, marital status, apparent or non-apparent disability, veteran’s status, or unfavorable discharge from military service in accordance with state and federal laws.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $620.00 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
JCC Chicago is following current county and state guidelines to protect against COVID-19.