Full Time Senior Aquatics Coordinator
Do you have a passion for swimming and motivating others? Come coach and assist leading our aquatics pool program. The Aquatics Coordinator assists creating and nurturing a welcoming program for all in the pool. The Aquatics Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of safe and high-quality swimming programs for members and guests, which satisfy specific needs. The Aquatics Coordinator will be hands on in the pool area teaching swim lessons, lifeguarding and increasing participation rates.
Are you detail-oriented? The Aquatics Coordinator role will include coordination and supervision of an aquatic’s portfolio, which may include swimming lessons, lifeguard/open swimming, specialty aquatic programs, and CPR/First-Aid/Lifeguard training. As an Aquatics Coordinator you will assist in developing and implementing swim programming and scheduling.
Do you want to be an advocate? The Aquatics Coordinator is an advocate for our member focused aquatics program and team member development. As an Aquatics Coordinator you will assist the Aquatics Director in being an ambassador for strong kids, strong families and communities while you manage the pool. The Aquatics Coordinator will handle pool concerns timely and professionally and escalate to the Aquatics Director as needed. The Aquatics Coordinator will assist hire, train, supervise and evaluate aquatics staff ensuring pool coverage during aquatics activities and open swim. $18.50/hour
1. Job Summary:
The Senior Coordinator of Aquatics provides daily direction and supervision for the Aquatics Team. The incumbent assists the Aquatics Director in meeting established participation and revenue goals. The incumbent hires, trains and supervises staff.
2. Essential Functions:
- Provides daily direction and supervision for Aquatics as needed.
- Assists in the implementation of programs, assessment of staff technical abilities, evaluate program results, identify areas for improvement to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Recruits, hires, on boards, trains and supervises staff.
- Ensures a high level of customer service which enhances the member, program participant and guest experience and satisfaction.
- Assists in the process to ensure the quality, cleanliness and maintenance of and the Aquatics program areas.
- Delivers Aquatics programs directly to members and participants a portion of the time.
This position reports to the Aquatics Director who reports to the Senior Association Aquatic Director. The incumbent interacts with other branch and Association staff.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in Aquatics programs
- Minimum of 6 months supervisory experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Certifications required within 45 days of hire: BLS, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Training, nationally accredited lifeguard certification (may not teach/guard until certifications are complete)
- Complete Deck Manager training prior to working on deck
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
- Degree in Recreation, Management, physical education or related field.
- Current Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
5. Work Conditions:
- Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perceive, identify and respond to signs of distress.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Observe all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Be able to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue, including swimming quickly, supporting adult body weight while swimming as far as 50 feet, and removing adult body weight from the pool.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour
The YMCA follows all CDC recommended guidelines.