Full Time Sr. Aquatics Coordinator – Portland Branch (4-Day Work Week)
? Job training? Fee membership? 50% off programming including camp and childcare? Advancement opportunities?
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community?
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
Hours: This position will work (4) 10-hour days.
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.
Under the guidance of the Branch Executive, the Sr. Aquatics Coordinator in conjunctionwith the Aquatics Coordinator will oversee the management of the Aquatics program, providing support to aquatics staff, creating collaborations with peers, staff, and members. The Sr. Aquatics Coordinator will build relationships with volunteers, members and the community, and provide helpful, friendly and professional customer service. They will be responsible to ensure that the aquatics department will convey the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCAof Southern Maine. The Sr.Aquatics Coordinator is responsible for maintaining schedules for staff, program development, assuring day-to-day compliance with all programs as well as maintaining applicable certification standards.
- In conjunction with the Branch Executive and Aquatics Coordinator, maintain all aquatics programming and initiatives.
- Hold accountable and provide supervision of aquatics staff and volunteers including interviewing, hiring, training, assigning and directing work, performance appraisals, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist the Branch Executive in developing and monitoring aquatics budgets and adhere to association policies regarding fiscal compliance.
- Provide a level of direct service work in program areas (including but not limited to lifeguarding, swim lessons coverage, etc.)
- Work with branch leadership to raise money for the Y’s programs and financial assistance through the Y’s annual campaign (the Y’s annual fundraising campaign) by identifying prospects and making personal asks.
- Be in compliance with YMCA and Health Department standards.
- Create and maintain program calendars and schedules.
- Ensure Pool cleanliness with aquatics staff. Report any mechanical needs to Branch Executive and/or support services.
- Check and record pool chemistry and discuss related chemistry or mechanical concerns with Branch Executive and support services.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years proven supervisory experience. Prior experience in aquatics leadership role a plus.
- Familiar with budgeting process.
- Certified Pool Operator (within 6 months of hire).
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) and Oxygen (02) Training.
- Maintain certification or re-certification and/or by taking CEC’s.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office or Mac equivalent.
- Effective problem solving skills, multi-tasking, and strong organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and ability to travel locally.
- Required: Certified in YMCA On the Guard II and/or ARC Lifeguarding (YMCA preferred).
- Certified as a Lifeguard Instructor Trainer preferred.