Full Time Sr. Director of Aquatics
At the MetroWest YMCA, our cause defines us. We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why, at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively impacts the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Oversees the development and operations of Aquatics operations in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Directors, along with the mission and goals of the YMCA. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff. Provides liaison support to committee(s) and advisory board(s). This position will play a key role in community and member relationships.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation, and management of operating plans for Aquatics, including competitive swimming, with a goal of promoting program and membership growth for the YMCA.
- Will provide direct program delivery as needed, to include: class instruction, lifeguarding, team supervision, safety classes, vacation and summer club supervision and support of Clearbrook Family Swim Club.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
- Collaborates with Marketing Director to develop and coordinate all necessary marketing and promotion for related programs and services. This may include but not be limited to, timely and frequent news releases, school distributions, paid advertising and the design of brochures, program guides and flyers.
- Provide direction to the Family Outdoor Center in regards to Aquatics programming and safety classes.
MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Executes strategies to ensure that members and program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
BUDGET AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
- Maintains accurate and up to date records, files, and billing / collection procedures and provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
STAFF ENGAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Directly supervises Aquatics Director and Head Swim Coach
- Supervises hiring and training of staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Ensures a positive working and program environment emphasizing the YMCA’s areas of focus and character values.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND SUPPORT
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/ boards as assigned.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Works cooperatively with the Building and Grounds Director to ensure the cleanliness and safety of all program and facility areas.
- Ensures proper building coverage is present for all program related functions in accordance with program needs. Acts as the building professional on duty as needed.
- Coordinates risk management for the Framingham Branch in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Four or more years’ experience in aquatics management.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
- CPR, O2 and First Aid, Swim Instructor, Lifeguard, and Lifeguard Instructor certifications are required.
- YMCA Swim Instructor V.6 required within 90 days of hire.
The MetroWest YMCA offers a competitive wage and benefit package:
- Health & dental insurance
- Disability and life insurance
- 10% Y Funded retirement plan
- YMCA Membership
- Discounted program fees
- Paid time off and holidays
The MetroWest YMCA is a nonprofit organization with the goal of strengthening the foundations of our community. We do this through programs that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all, and our programs are built around our three focus areas: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility. The Y is open to all, and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our members and employees. As an employer, the Y seeks to recruit energetic professionals, encourage work-life balance, and provide opportunities for growth and development. EOE