Full Time Swim Coach
- Position Description
- What you will do at Precinct One
The successful candidate will coach and teach swimmers from the youth and seniors aquatics programs for Harris County Precinct One.
- Organize and implement daily aquatic activities and lead in the coordination of data analytics management.
- Communicate with constituents/parents, and participants to provide feedback and encouragement.
- Make certain that all safety rules and regulations, and policies and procedures, are followed.
- Produce management reports on specific data as requested.
- What you will bring to Precinct One
- High School Diploma or equivalent G.E.D., and
- One (1) year of swim coaching experience
- Certified in First Aid and CPR
- Certification in Life Guard Training and Water Safety Instructor by the American Red Cross
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be in water for long periods during the day
- Knowledge of techniques used in teaching and coaching swimming
- Ability to lead instructional classes to large group of people
- Skilled at communicating with a wide variety of people
- Knowledge in strength and condition training
What you get in return
You will be surrounded by coworkers who bring their best to work each day. Passionate people that want to make a difference in the communities Precinct One serves along with Harris County as a whole.
Harris County employees receive a competitive salary plus medical, dental and vision insurance at no cost to the employee after the first two months of full time continued employment. Vacation, sick time and floating holidays allow our employees to recharge and balance work and personal time. Mandatory participation in our retirement program allows employees to save for retirement. Various other benefits and discounts lead to the satisfaction and engagement of our employees.
About the Programs Division Programs Department
The Program Department’s mission is to enhance the quality of life and access to opportunity for all residents by providing an array of programming that is: Innovative, Equitable, and Collaborative
About Precinct One
There are four precincts in Harris County. The four elected commissioners, along with an elected county judge, serve as members of Harris County Commissioners Court, the administrative head of the county’s government.
With approximately 1.1 million residents, Harris County Precinct One is a diverse, urban precinct that covers 363 square miles. Precinct One’s multi-racial, multi-ethnic population is roughly 39 percent African American, 37 percent Latino, 18 percent Anglo, 5 percent Asian and 1 percent other.
Precinct One, which includes 876 miles of road, stretches south to Brazoria County and reaches into eastern and northern sections of Harris County. The Precinct’s territory includes a large section of Downtown Houston, including the Downtown Harris County Courthouse Complex, Toyota Center, Minute Maid Park and the BBVA Compass Stadium. Other notable landmarks include the 263-acre NRG Park Complex and the renowned Texas Medical Center. The Precinct is also the higher educational home to Houston Community College, Rice University, Texas Southern University, the University of Houston and the University of St. Thomas. Precinct One manages more than 20 parks, 11 community centers, numerous hike-and-bike trails, three maintenance service centers and several area offices, all of which provide an array of services to Precinct One residents.
Precinct One’s mission is that we are committed to become a national model for delivering responsive public service utilizing inclusive, innovative and collaborative approaches to improve the quality of life, advance equality of opportunity and promote the fair treatment of all people in Harris County.How to apply
If this job sounds interesting, you meet the required qualifications and you can see yourself working for Precinct One in our El Camino Aquatics Center, we invite you to apply.Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email [email protected]
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. “See Resume” will not be accepted for qualifications.
- General Information
- El Camino Aquatics Center: 2731 El Camino Street, Houston, TX 77054
- To be determined
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
- Commensurate with Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Period