Part Time Swim Team Head Coach
Do you have a passion for coaching? Are you competitive? Come Coach for the Y Swim Team! The Swim Team Head Coach oversees the Swim Team program and coaching staff. As a Swim Team Coach, you provide feedback on execution and direction during swim practice and swim meets. The Swim Team Head Coach will develop season goals for the swim team as well as individual swimmers. The Swim Team Head Coach will plan the weekly practice workouts and manage the meet program placements. The Swim Team Head Coach will inspire and prepare students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
As a Swim Team Head Coach you will respond to parents and team concerns, respond to incidents, and interact with parents and participants. The Swim Team Head Coach provides high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive program environment. The Swim Team Head Coach will facilitate a program that enhances the lives of swimmers by assisting them to goal set and achieve their goals.
The Swim Team Head Coach may assist with data entry for meets using the team database. The Swim Team Head Coach will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will help our Swim Team members improve their swimming.
- Job Summary:
The Swim Team Head Coach is responsible for overseeing the Swim Team program and coaching staff while on duty. The incumbent provides feedback on execution and direction during swim practice and swim meet, responds to incidents, and interacts with parents and participants. The incumbent provides high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive program environment.
- Essential Functions:
- Direct swim practice execution, provide technical work direction to swim team staff, provide real time feedback and notes suggestions and comments for their supervisor’s review.
- Plan and develop season goals for the team participants and assistant swim coaches. Develop and approve weekly workouts for all participants and manages swimmer placement for efficient programing.
- Organize and submit meet entries, relays, and appropriate coaching staff for swim meets.
- Serve as first level contact responding and documenting incidents which may occur.
- Provide quality customer service to members, volunteers and participants.
- Act as a coach during scheduled practices and meets.
- May assist with data entry for meets using the team database.
This position reports to the Aquatic Director. The incumbent interacts regularly with staff, participants, members and volunteers. The position regularly interacts with children, youths, and, adults.
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience interacting and coaching a swim team.
- Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Foundations of Coaching 101 and 201
- Ability to hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere in the zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to see and observe all sections of an assigned zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and provide constructive feedback
- One (1) year experience in a YMCA setting.
- Work Conditions:
- Ability to support child or adult body weight in the water.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time in a warm pool environment.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher
- Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from Branch management staff and the Product Management team or their representatives in performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or Association’s success.