Full Time Swimming Pool Supervisor (Natatorium)
TX 78207, TX
Parks and Recreation
11/26/2018 at 11:59 PM Central Time (US & Canada)Job Summary
Under general supervision, is responsible for ensuring that all rules, regulations, policies, and instructions pertaining to the operation and maintenance of the swimming pool is carried out by all employees under their supervision. Ensures quality customer service at each location, and handles inquiries from the general public. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Enforces pool rules and regulations in a courteous manner.
- Maintains schedules, submits all necessary reports including a daily attendance report.
- Checks all mechanical equipment and performs routine maintenance including minor equipment repair and cleaning of pool, locker rooms, and all other areas of the building and grounds, where necessary.
- Evaluates existing situations, and makes decisions concerning hazardous weather conditions which may arise ensuring that the pool is properly staffed at all times.
- Supervises swim lesson instructors and assistants for the summer “Learn to Swim” program.
- Performs First Aid for pool patrons. Requires that an accident report be completed immediately and submitted to the Aquatic Services Supervisor within 24 hours.
- Makes routine checks of the pool area to ensure appropriate behavior is being displayed by employees and patrons.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- One (1) year of college from an accredited college or university.
- Six (6) months of experience as a Lifeguard.
- Possession of current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Currently hold or obtain within 6 months of hire the following certifications: Red Cross Certified Lifeguard, Certified Pool Operator Certificate, Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certificate, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate, Aqua Fitness Certification.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License OR valid driver’s license from another state with the ability to obtain a valid Texas Driver’s License within 30 days of becoming a Texas resident. Proof of liability insurance will be required.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
- Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 50 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to perform CPR and first aid procedures. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are in an indoor or outdoor recreation facility with exposure to temperature extremes and noise.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of pool maintenance and operations.
- Knowledge of safe aquatic environments.
- Ability to perform First Aid.
- Ability to work cooperatively with representatives of the community, public and private groups, and organizations to provide the best possible image of the San Antonio Department of Parks and Recreation.
- Ability to train, supervise, and evaluate employees.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.